Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Little Man's 1st Birthday Party
UP...Up...and Away

The Invites
I designed the envelope and invitations. It took three days to complete the design along with many other custom designed signs that were supposed to be hung around the party. 


The Favors
I printed out and folded milk cartons for the favors. They were precious. Austin had milk and ate sweet baby food treats on his first airplane ride to Denver, Colorado this year. I wanted to make sure I added unique, but meaningful touches to the party that reflected what Little Man experienced his first year of life. Therefore, I gave the kids cookies in the paper milk carton.  

 


The Cake, Cupcakes, & More
I worked with wonderful caterer and friend on Little Man's cupcakes. We were short on time so we didn't place the airplanes on top of the cupcakes. We placed A's on top of some, little flags in others, and printed #1's in the rest. They tasted lovely. We had a coffee chocolate flavor, vanilla bean flavor, and a regular cupcake flavor. They were topped with cream cheese icing.

 
(my inspiration for Little Man's cupcakes)

(my inspiration from the marshmallow treats)




Ta-Da! The cake was made by Lauren (my brother's girlfriend) and me. We worked on the cake until 2:30am the night prior to the party. We made great memories together. I couldn't have done it without her help and encouragement! Thank you, Lauren!

Construction for the Party Begins!
I asked Little Man's dad if he could help me make an airplane. He waited until the last minute (8:45pm the night before the party) to go buy the supplies at Wal-Mart and start construction. He finished construction at 12:45am. He was not a happy camper. 

(my inspiration for the airplane)


Ruined a pair of Mountain Kakis in the process. :-(

Final coat of paint!


The most awesome airplane highchair ever made! Can you say lucky? Thanks Dad! You are the best!!!!

Highlights from the Big Day!
One of my most favorite pictures from the party. Lauren is such a beautiful girl inside and out. Little Man loves her to death. 


Little Man was given a beautiful antique print of an airplane. His cousins have one just like it! Thank you all so much!

Little Man's sweet 1st cousin helping him open his gifts. 


I am glad Little Man's uncle could make it to the party. It meant a lot to the three of us that he would take time away from work to come. The tornado hit hard the week of Little Man's birthday so we knew he would be busy with work and we understood if he couldn't stay long. It is sad that Little Man's aunt and only 1st cousin left from the party so quickly and without saying goodbye to the birthday boy. I wanted to get a picture of the boys together more than anything. We don't have hardly any pictures of Little Man and his cousins. I know you all would enjoy seeing the three boys together. At least someone snapped a picture of the boys opening presents together. 




My sweet Aunt Sue and her grandson Luke came to the party! We were thankful to have them with us on Little Man's special day!

How precious is this? He loves his cousins!



The first time he let a ballon go! So precious!!

Sweet Cousin

My grandmother loves Little Man so much!


I am so thankful my Papa could make it to the party. He loves being a part of Little Man's life. 


He is beautiful!

I know it is blurry but I adore this photo! I love him face. He wanted me to let him let go of his ballon but I wanted a picture. haha. His expression is priceless. 

Oh My Gosh! Just look at those eyes. Thank you Lauren for this photo! 


My brother think Little Man hung the moon! Little Man has him wrapped around his finger. 



His sweet hands. He holds his hands like this often. It touches my heart. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment