The A-Team spent the weekend at the lake with my awesome family. I had the best time. I have spent the past four years bolting between Alex's lake house and my lake house during summer holiday weekends. Of course the idea of hanging out with Alex always seemed more appealing than hanging with the family I have known for the past 23 years. (Sorry family!) :-) His good lucks and charm always pulled me to him; but, in choosing him, I often felt I shafted my family. It has always been my prayer that God would pair me with someone who would be willing to compromise on Holidays; and, after deciding which family to spend holiday time with, enjoy themselves. Alex has become that person. It was nice to stay in one place for a change. I appreciate Alex being willing to spend an entire holiday weekend with 16 (plus a couple friends/extra family) of my immediate family members. I always knew he would be willing to do kind things for me, but I had meager hope he would actually *enjoy* himself in the process the way he appeared to this past weekend. It was the best feeling watching him look happy and relaxed. He is wonderful man...and father.
Little man was sick the entire weekend. He battled through his sickness like a champ as always. He is feeling much better today. Due to his fever and rash, we did not make many boat rides or spend time in the sun. We relaxed together. We were able to take a bath by the lake Monday afternoon. I placed him on the shaded side of the boat house in his little bathtub. Everyone watched as he took his first lake bath (we actually used water from the cabin, but we are calling it a lake bath) :-).
As I reflect on the weekend, I find myself being thankful for family and the bonds we share more than ever. Support from family is key to building our strong family. We are blessed. I look forward to spending many more holidays as the A-Team with my family and with Alex's family. Susu...that means we will hopefully be visiting Colorado for the next Holiday wknd! :-)
Bath Time at Lake Burton
He wanted to go outside. Since he couldn't be in the sun...my dad let him drive...pretend drive! :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment