Friday, January 14, 2011

HONESTY


This is my Papa. He is an old man that is very sick and weak. His nose literally almost touches his knee when he stands to walk. His body is eaten up with arthritis. I have never heard him say a word that wasn't true, bad or good, about anyone. He sets a great example for me and my family. He is kind to all and admired by many in the community. I know it can be attributed to his honest character.


This is my grandmother, Betty. Her list of honorable accomplishments include: elementary and middle school teacher, high school counselor, state prison administrator, pianist, organist, sunday school teacher,  wife, mother of three, grandmother of six, retired teachers society officer, gospel group member, and much more. Do you think she could have held all those positions in the same county for over 45 years if she had not been an HONEST person? She is my inspiration. She is the portrait of the  quintessential honest woman. 



Just an HONEST picture


Need I say more...


Honestly...


He resounds with honesty and unites in love. He lets you know when you have wronged him. He lets you know when he is in need. He lets you know when he appreciates you. He lets you know when he loves you. He is honest in all senses. You can read his emotion through his facial expressions, in his eyes, in his tone, and through his body language. You honestly can't control anything he does at this age.  
Honesty is all he knows; It is how he gets my attention. I never thought I could learn so deeply from an infant. I'm thankful...and finally courageous enough to be honest with myself and others again...even if they don't want to hear the truth. 

Here's to being real...Here's to honesty

-MB

0 comments:

Post a Comment