Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wilbanks Christmas 2011

      Our last and final (Whew! We were exhausted by this time!) Christmas celebration was spent at Alex's dad's house. We arrived around 6:30pm and started opening presents. We ate Christmas deserts instead of a traditional holiday meal. We had cheesecake courtesy of Alex's brother, Joe. It was delicious.

      The boys enjoyed opening presents together. Alex and I were thankful Austin was able to spend time with his cousins. After they opened presents they threw balls at the ceiling and at each other! :) Alex and I should have been more mature and stopped them, but it was hilarious. Judge and James were great at including Austin and watching out for him. They played catch with Austin, Alex and me. They chased each other with foam swords. All three boys tackled Alex in the great room until he was worm slap out. Austin was hesitant about jumping in at first when Judge and James would tackle Alex. It didn't take long and he decided to jump straight into the middle of the chaos, laughing all the way. It was on from that point forward. He craved his dad's attention just as much as the other two boys and fought for it just the same.


These two pictures are hilarious. Austin learned to hold his own very well with his cousins. Looks at his faces. Haha! He would yell at Judge and James when they tried to negotiate sharing his toys. When I say negotiate, I mean, they would say, "Hey, Austin! Let's share." Then they would walk up and take his toy away. It was hilarious. Alex and I cracked up every time. Judge and James are very smart boys, but so is Austin. Eventually, Austin figured out what his 3 and 4 year old cousins were up to and started yelling at them each time they approached him and holding on to his toys for dear life.

It was a blast listening to the boys run through the house laughing and dancing around. It means so much to Alex for the boys to all know each other and spend time playing together. Family is extremely important to Alex.

Judge showed Alex and me how to transform his Transformer. Transformers are popular toys for young boys. They change from super heros to cars with a few easy steps. I like them because they are all one piece. There are no tiny separate attachements, from what I can tell, that you have to worry with losing. We decided to we Judge and James both one for Christmas along with an easy to read, colorful Bible. 

Alex, Uncle Joe, Aunt Jaime, Judge, and Austin opening presents

Austin and Alex with an Auburn matchbox car from his Papa

Austin attempted to ride his Christmas gift from his Papa, but it is still a little too big. Alex moved the seat up as high as it would go to help him touch the pedals. He isn't far from reaching them. Alex and I pushed him around so that he could keep up with the big kids, Judge and James. He would laugh at them and watch them as they flew by on their new rides. He would jump off and chase them around. I can't wait to have a big family one day. A house filled with happy voices and laughter makes my energy skyrocket! I crave the action. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment