Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Preparing For The Party

Two parties down (Easter party & birthday party @ daycare), one more to go. Whew! Although the parties have been great fun, I am starting to feel the pressure with Saturday's 1st "real" birthday party approaching. I want it to be extremely special! I have huge dreams and big expectations for Little Man's big 1st birthday party, as I do for almost every day and event of our lives. :-) Unfortunately, his daddy isn't always on the same page as me when it comes to planning and carrying out all my wild dreams and expectations. He informed me a couple nights ago that I was acting like an "Orange County House Wife" and spending way to much time on the party. I am still a little hurt about it. I am a perfectionist. I have accepted it. He should also. It would probably make his life much easier...and mine also. I did spent an hour last night wrapping two gifts. Maybe I am a bit extreme.

I tried to make sure everything lined up perfectly. Since Austin can read and all...lol. 



My mom always made birthdays a big deal in our family. Besides wanting every detail of the party just perfect for him, I suppose that is why I am making the party such a big deal. I want birthdays in our family to be as big of a deal as they were in my family growing up. It's wonderful to be able to come together with friends and family and celebrate another year of life. I am thankful we have had the past year with Little Man. I can't imagine what my last year would have been like without him. Actually, I can. It would have been a year of work. And what is work without someone to work for? That should make you think for a moment. :-) 

I look forward to celebrating the TREMENDOUS impact his LITTLE (literally) 1st year of life has had on me and many others over the past year at his party this Saturday. I will share all the details with you all through pictures. 

UP...UP...and Away 
I can't wait for Little Man's 1st Birthday

The Birthday Invitation I made for Austin's Party





0 comments:

Post a Comment