My mom and I had a girls day out yesterday. I felt like I was back in high school again. Mom and I used to shop together frequently back then. We closed down the malls, boutiques, outlet malls, furniture stores, interior design shops, and even Lowes. We were the best of friends. My mom always made time for me; I can't say I have done the same. Mom and I used to shop together every Black Friday. I let the tradition go when I went to work at State Farm. My job quickly began to suck the life and happiness out of my life and peppy soul. In and attempt to find my happiness again, I dove deeper into work. Ultimately, I ended up devoting far to much time to an undeserving job and none to my deserving family. Looking back, I realize it was one of the more foolish mistakes I've made. A job should be from 9 to 5 - or eight hours. If you can't make all your calls, sales, emails, etc. during those hours, there is something wrong with you. Seriously, there is! I hate to break it to you, but you have an addiction. Work can't be a crutch. If you aren't handicap, you don't need one. If you are, get a real one. Work won't support you at home when you fall and can't get up, but your family will in the event they haven't already left you. Thank God my family hadn't.
Yesterday, I stepped back in time, grabbed the old Amanda, and put on my shopping boots from the past. :-) Hallelujah! Laughing, gossiping, and shopping can be the best therapy. Mom and I had our hair cut. We even had dinner together. My grandmother also spent the day with us.
My mom is so gracious, giving, and fair. Thank you for yesterday, Mom! I love you.
My mom made one of my favorite meals for my b-day dinner last year. She always takes the time to make me a homemade cake with cream cheese icing...my most FAV!!! :-) Can't wait to see what we have in a couple days. Any ideas cooking up in your mind, mom? :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment