Saturday, August 20, 2011

Highlands Weekend



Alex proposed on a Thursday. He had planned to take me to Charleston to celebrate for the weekend, but we decided to be social instead. We were invited to Alex's friends mountain house in Highlands, NC. We had the best time with Blake, Trav, and their girlfriends. Alex has great, supportive, and all around awesome friends. 


Trav has always been one of my favorites. He is always there for Alex. I suppose after knowing someone and their friends for four years, you can't help but pick favorites. It's only natural. I have a couple. :-) 

It was nice to relax for the weekend. We had ZERO phone service or internet service at the cabin. We were not able to communicate with anyone about getting engaged. It didn't bother me at all. I loved not having to talk to tons of people and tell the story over and over again. Instead I spent my weekend focusing on Alex and me...and starring at my beautiful ring. 

We grilled out on the Big Green Egg, watched the boys jump off waterfalls, walked around Highlands, and made awesome waffles at breakfast together. We played OUTSIDE! The cool fresh air felt cleansing. We are truly blessed to have amazing friends. 







0 comments:

Post a Comment