Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Appreciation

While spending my brothers birthday weekend at the lake, I mentioned to Alex that we should head over to his lake house so he could spend some time with his sweet nephews. They are the most precious little boys. They are always elated to see him. They came running out of the lake house yelling, "Alec, Alec, Alec," as we pulled up. After over three years (minus a short 9 months of me missing in action) they still don't say my name. I wonder if they even know it. They called me some random name once. Who knows. It used to hurt my feelings, but I realize it is not their fault. My tender heart still gets the best of me at times. I walked softly around Alex's house, as I always do. And as usual, I snapped photos of the children, Alex's family, and Alex...attempting to create beautiful memories for them in the future...which will go unappreciated I am certain. And as usual, not a soul volunteered to take ONE SINGLE picture of Alex and me together.


















































0 comments:

Post a Comment