Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry Christmas

      This Christmas has been extra special. After opening presents each year I always say, "This is the best Christmas I've ever had." This year my trite comment was more genuine than in years past. I spent Christmas with a different family this year. Over the past year my family has grown and changed tremendously. Thankfully, we are physically the same. Our minds, hearts, and attitudes have been challenged to expand and forgive. We are a family abounding with more love and understanding than ever before. I am confident that there is no greater gift than a loving family.

      I hope everyone who reads and keeps up with my blog had a Merry Christmas. What was your favorite Christmas gift? My ultimate Christmas present didn't arrive until noon on Christmas day. My family and I didn't delay in beginning the Christmas celebration though. My family started our traditional Christmas festivities bright and early with homemade french toast, breakfast casserole, oat bran muffins, and other lovelies. Um...umm...Goood!
      After breakfast the whole family including Grandmother, Papa, and Betty crowded around the tree to open gifts. :-) Thank you to all my family for the wonderful gifts and time spent together.
Patiently waiting to see if Santa came
When my ultimate gift arrived...He quickly realized he wasn't on Santa's Naughty List because SANTA was very good to him!!!
Little Man received his 1st Ben Franklin Christmas Day from my Grandmother and Papa 
My personal favorite...Your Baby Can Read
The TV ad's play constantly on Sunday mornings. Apparently, I'm now a sucker for TV sales. We will see if they only beguile people with their advertisements in a couple months.

Love this! This gift was bought and picked out by this proud dad! 

Adore this face
He says, "Are you sure this is MY present?" :-) He touched the writing/name tags on each present he opened to make sure it was his. He is extremely smart!
He LOVES to read. Perfect gift. 
A very special gift from my mom...His 1st B+I+B+L+E.

My papa ONLY wears overalls...literally. He believes Little Man should follow suite. His dad also supports this fashion trend and belief!!!!! Mena bought Little Man his 1st pair of overalls this past summer. He loved them and WORE them out!
My papa says, "I don't think I'd ever need my medicine again, Old Man, if I could just have you."
My sweet, very sick papa calls him Old Man. It is precious.
And it's no surprise who he has wrapped around his little finger...


Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in 2011,
MB







0 comments:

Post a Comment