Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wedding Weekend - Part 1

Rehearsal & Rehearsal Dinner

 Alex and I are truly blessed to have parents that were willing to put so much effort into making our wedding weekend special. Alex's mom worked with me throughout the entire planning process. She came to Georgia and spent a week trying to find the perfect rehearsal dinner venue. We enjoyed tastings together and mush more. Sandy came up with the ideas of what she envisioned the evening looking like and I helped her implement after she returned to Denver. I had a great time working with her. I especially appreciated her including Alex and me on all decisions. She genuinely wanted our rehearsal dinner to be exactly what Alex would desire. 

When Friday night arrived, the weather was perfect. Our family and friends showed up with loving smiles, eager to celebrate our special occasion. All of Sandy's hard work paid off. It was a beautiful party; everyone enjoyed an evening of cocktails and dinner on a gorgeous rooftop under a beautiful Atlanta sky.
Thank you, Sandy! 

 Hallie and Kimberly arrived at my house early Friday morning. They helped me gather everything in my car for the weekend. I could't have gotten it all together without them. They were so sweet to ride with me to Atlanta. Kimberly rode shot gun and feared for her safety the entire ride. We laugh about it now, but she certainly wasn't laughing then. She said she threatened to cut my phone off multiple times. I don't even remember her saying that. I was in the zone. She said I never got off the phone with vendors the entire ride. NOTE: I do not normally talk on the phone when I drive if I can help it. I was operating on straight adrenaline due to my lack of sleep. Once we arrived in Atlanta, we made a quick pit stop at the Biltmore for pictures before heading to the hotel. 


Rehearsal at the Biltmore


with the maid of honor

with the bridesmaids

 with mom and Blake

Our wedding was conveniently located within walking distance of our hotel. We  only stopped every 10 feet for pictures. No big deal. haha. :)

Isn't she a gorgeous mom!?! She was all smiles the entire weekend. She's my best friend in the world!

@ the rooftop Rehearsal Dinner hosted by Sandy

Austin and Daddy


We had a gorgeous view of the Biltmore (wedding venue) from our rooftop rehearsal dinner. 










Sandy hosted the most fun and gorgeous rehearsal dinner. The rooftop was beautiful. The weather was perfect. And the company was even better! We were surrounded by an love and laughter all night long.



All the girls

All the groomsmen


I LOVE my Daddy! He was so happy on Friday evening. Saturday was a different story. He looked sad and stressed most of the day. Letting your daughter go is hard. We've always been so close. 

tired and exhausted feet after a long night of fun








0 comments:

Post a Comment