March 27, 2012
Our wedding will be on SAY YES TO THE DRESS Bridesmaids this fall.
Season 3 * Episode 8
*FYI*
Season 2 has just started airing so it will be awhile before we hit TLC.
Corey McCants (Corey McCants & Co.) - Event Designer/Friend, Me, Mom
My Say Yes To The Dress Bridesmaids Story
I received an email the day before we filmed asking if I would be willing to be apart of Say Yes To The Dress Bridesmaids. I did not sign up. In fact, I thought the email was a joke. I called my mom and asked her opinion. She was super excited! Secretly, I was too! I was hesitant at first since I had already been on the show before with my cousin, though. We had a blast, but I sounded terrible. When Alex and I watched the episode for the first time, I wanted to crawl under a chair and hide. All the sudden I started getting phone calls and my facebook blew up with people saying they saw me on TV. I was mortified because my voice sounded so different than it does in person. Let's just say, reality TV shows pick the most random moments to showcase on TV. And they have a microphone on you the entire time you are filming. It's hard to watch everything you say.
Filming with my mom, best friends, and family was a memorable experience...a once in a lifetime for most. I'm thrilled that I decided to jump at the last minute opportunity. I felt extremely lucky to have been given the option to participate in the show. The crew was great...so friendly and easy to talk to. They made it feel like we weren't on camera at all. We filmed from 2-6:30pm. We finished up the day with dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. It was the perfect wedding surprise. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. I can't wait to see how it turns out!
Getting ready to head into our interviews
I was as calm as a cucumber the day we filmed. Mom was a nervous wreck. She kept saying she didn't want to mess anything up for me. She looked beautiful as always and captured everyone's heart on the set with her sweet, fun spirit. She was a hoot. We had so much fun! The producers of the show said they wanted mom and Corey to come back to New York with them because they were so hilarious. They kept everyone laughing the entire time. For example, Corey mentioned in his interview that he preferred to work in teams. He said he and my mom were definitely on a team and attempted to draft me multiple times. Unfortunately, I was always out in left field waiting to catch a fly ball...and there was never anyone up to bat. Everyone cracked up and laughed so hard. I am sure that will be on TV.

.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment