TRICK-OR-TREAK
2011
Trying to say, "Happy Halloween," and wink at the same time.
We carved a pumpkin two weeks ago. Sorry for the rotten, yucky looking picture. Austin has had a blast taking the lid off and on and looking inside each day as it develops more and more mold though.
Dad: "Austin, what does an Auburn Tiger say?"
Austin: "Raaaaaarrrr!"
I painted his face with Clinique eye liner. I made sure to use Clinique since it is supposed to be hypo-allergenic. :) He is the best baby. He never tried to smeer it off. He should be a model! I know I'm biased but the baby is gorgeous!!!!!
Alex and I loved Austin's costume! It came in two pieces from Carter's. You can't ask for anything easier than that. It was fleece so it kept him warm. We liked that the headpiece was attached to the upper body piece so that he couldn't pull it off easily. It never bothered him once. It wasn't itchy or irritating to his skin which we loved! It held up nicely throughout the night - very durable. I would recommend any of Carter's baby costumes. This is our 2nd year purchasing a Carter's costume. We will purchase again.
Funny Story: Elmo came by our house to trick-or-treat. We thought it would make Austin happy to see Elmo. Austin's face looked so happy!!! Austin screamed, "Melmo, Melmo, Melmo." He was in awe. The child in the Elmo costume had on a Elmo hat and Austin said, "Melmo Hat," and patted his head. It was so sweet. We let Austin give Elmo candy. When Elmo turned to leave Austin went to pieces. It's the only time I've seen Austin truly pitch a fit. He was broken hearted. Alex and I felt like dirtbag parents for not getting him his Elmo costume. It was sold out at toys-r-us online by Oct. 1st. He cried for two or three minutes. He literally said, "Melmo," each time we opened the door the rest of the night to greet trick-or-treaters. It was pitiful. Needless to say, I think Alex is going to make me dress up as Elmo for Christmas because Austin would rather see Elmo than Santa. haha.
Austin, Shelby and
Austin and Shelby
Austin and Shelby
Headed to Grandmother and Papa's to Trick-or-Treat
Headed to Grandmother and Papa's
Papa played a trick on Austin. He moved Austin's toy box. Austin ran into the house and went straight for his toy box. He looked up at Papa and said, "Back." I suppose he meant bring it back. It was really cute. Papa always has tricks up his sleeve.
Of course Grandmother came through with treats - a Hummer and a BMW convertible car
Papa loves his little man
About to head back out to Geez house. It was getting late.
Coming to Geez house to Trick-or-Treat
We finally snapped a picture of the three of us. What a long day! Tons of fun for everyone! :) Happy Halloween 2011!
Picking out candy from Geez.
scrutinizing each and every piece
making his final selections
Thinking twice about that Dum Dum. Not sure if that is the exact flavor he was looking for.
Showing Big Daddy his Dum Dum
Extra Resources:
Halloween Costume - Carters
Elmo Bucket - Toys-R-Us
Baby Face Paint - Clinique
Austin's Orange Shoes - Stride Rite












0 comments:
Post a Comment